Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What's Happening????

SICK AGAIN?
Connor's mucus is extremely potent. I swear I have been washing my hands like crazy since he got a cold a few days ago but wouldn't you know it. I managed to get a cold and a sore throat as well. Gee wiz. Like I don't have anything else better to do with my time than baby a cold. BLAH!

GERMAN
Two weeks from today I'll be heading to my first German language class at the Goethe Institute. I'm so excited. Over the past week or so I've been brushing up on my German using the book "German in 10 minutes a day". It's really a great book. Here is the web site http://www.bbks.com/ if you want to check out. I think once I get a little German behind me I'm going to brush up on my Spanish and Italian and maybe even French. We have lots of folks living in the neighborhood that speak these languages and it would be cool to speak with them in their native language as well. Fun stuff learning new languages.

CONNOR
Connor and I will go to a different music class this week. I think I may have mentioned this in another post but there is a cute baby store about two doors down from our flat and they also have music and montesorri classes. I signed us up for both. Connor and I get to "try it" before we "buy it" this Friday so it should be loads of fun.

Connor continues to take more and more independent steps. He thinks he's king of the hill.

LOGAN
Logan's conferences this week are going well. Nothing new. We hope we can get his teachers talking to us and to each other. We'll keep you posted. I'm getting the feeling though that this is a Germany thing. Unfortunate really.

Logan and I went to see "Wall-E" last week. It was really a cute movie. We both recommend it.

SKYPE
We got Skype working on my laptop. If you don't have it get it NOW. http://www.skype.com/ Calls between Skype members are free and signing up is free too. Chris, Logan, Connor and I talked to Matthew, Tally and new baby Nicole Jane yesterday. It was fun to be able to see each other as we were able to successfully video conference. You don't have to video conference with Skype it's just a nice benefit if you have a camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I learned German at the Goethe Institut in Berlin. The classes there are really great. Thanks for reading my blogs!