Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Faces

So is it me or do I see the faces of my family and friends all over the place? I even see TV and movie personalities. Note: I did see (along with husband and kids) Dennis Quaid here in Berlin near St. Hedwig's in Mitte. He was with another man and his two twin babies. He smiled at me as we passed because Connor was screaming at the top of his lungs. The parental acknowledgement of yeah I've got one (or more) of those too was nice. I didn't really think about who he was until after we passed.

I wonder if there is a syndrome or condition or something that ex pats like me see people they know everywhere they go while living abroad. In my travels around the US and Europe I haven't encountered this syndrome or condition or whatever you want to call it.

Hold on let me try a Google search.....

Okay I tried a few different searches but I got nothin'. It's probably my searching techniques and my lack of using the correct words but I'm sure I'm not the first to think about this. I'll have to try again later. If anyone out there reading this post has info for me, please let me know. Thanks.

I'll also look on the ex pat web site I read and see if Christina G has anything to say about it.

1 comment:

Christina | AmiExpat.com said...

Wow, Dennis Quaid is one of my favorite actors!

I never had anything like this. Actually, I really missed seeing non-white faces when I first moved to Germany.