Thursday, October 23, 2008

What happened to Tuesday and Wednesday??

Ha they came and went. I can't believe it's Thursday already.

Logan's vacation is quickly coming to a close. We've gone to the park and to the Fassbender & Rausch chocolate shop and to KaDeWe. Today not sure what we'll do. It's a beautiful day out. It's cold but the sky is blue. We hope to get a bike seat for Connor so we can all go biking together. This is what we are thinking of:

Hopefully we can get something that isn't too expensive. Chris thinks they are about 100 Euro. Yikes! However, it would be nice now that the bikes are built to all go out on a ride rather than just one of us always staying behind with Connor. Plus I might try biking to music class and see how long it takes me rather than riding the rails.

Okay let's go back to Tuesday. Tuesday was a very nice day. It was super warm and sunny. It got to 68. Logan, Connor and I took the train to the "big" park over by Rathaus Schoenberg. Rathaus Schoenberg is where JFK made his famous "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech. You can read about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ich_bin_ein_Berliner. Anyway, this park is huge. I should take a picture and post so you can see just how big it is. Maybe we'll go today and I can snap a few and post. In fact I have to try to bring the camera wherever I go. Everytime we leave the house it's a new adventure and a picture is worth a 1000 words right?? Logan found a purple kiddie rake and Connor loved playing in the sand with it. When Logan tried to take it away Connor screamed bloody murder. We made it home just before it started to rain and then it rained on and off all day on Wednesday.

Sort of a bummer when it rains here as there aren't any real indoor places to go that aren't cold. All the train stations are open so it gets mightly chilly inside. The shops and restaurants are all heated but you can't hang out in there forever. Berlin has a couple of malls but most of them are super crowded. Everyone has the same idea to get out of the cold. I don't like to fight all those people with the kids and stroller. Not my idea of fun.

So Wednesday we didn't get out until later in the afternoon. We were rain free long enough to get to the train and take it to this really cool chocolate shop/restaurant in Mitte called Fassbender & Rausch. We were there for about an hour. We had some hot chocolate and a chocolate mousse dessert. Everything was great and then Connor peed on me. BLAH!!! Connor was sitting on my lap and I felt this warm liquid on my leg and knew what it was immediately. From that point, Connor started screaming and Logan was running around. I thought I was going to go crazy. We picked up all our stuff and headed to the bathroom. I completely changed Connor and loaded him up to go out to this really cool plaza nearby. As soon as we walked outside it started to rain. More BLAH! We decided not to take the train but take the bus instead. It was a nice ride as Connor fell asleep. Logan sat quietly looking out the window too. Peace at last. ha ha

No comments: