Monday, September 15, 2008

Discover Berlin

Today I went on a tour of Berlin. It was great. I had such a nice time and met some nice folks. I went on the Original Berlin Walks tour in English. The tour guide Johanna was very good. She gave us a lot of history and background on Berlin/Germany. We went to many historical sites. There is so much to see here. We went by Hilter's bunker (it's a parking lot now) and even though it's a parking lot it's weird to be standing in the space. We also went to the plaza where the Nazi burned over 22,000 books. Chris and I have walked by this plaza many times before and I go to church nearby so it was again crazy to think that this happened here.

Next week I plan to go to one of the museums. I'll most likely drop Logan off at school and then head into town to the Pergamon. Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pergamon_Museum and here is another site http://www.smb.spk-berlin.de/smb/standorte/index.php?lang=en&p=2&objID=27&n=1&r=4. There is an exhibit called Babylon Myth and Truth. It is at the Pergamon until October so I'm excited to see it as well.

I can't wait to discover more cool places here in Berlin. Maybe next time I'll remember the camera :-)

No comments: