Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Apartment Woes (did I spell that right?)

So where did I leave off?? There are so many things that went wrong from the day we arrived in Berlin I can't keep them all straight. It's sad but we managed to get this far.

What's left?
We actually got three hanging cabinets hung a couple of days ago by the apt. management. It is nice to have more room in the kitchen. We will not be getting a new sink, oven/stove or additional free standing cabinet (more room to cut those veggies for Connor and Logan :-) until October. I don't understand why it takes so long but the management took forever to order. We actually sent specs to the management back in early June. Of course they decided to put in their own kitchen instead of letting us pick something out. We found out that they plan to kick us out at the end of our lease so they can try to rent this apt. out for more money. They'll never get it. I've talked to a couple of folks here and they think we are paying too much for our place already. Besides the rest of the building is a disaster. I've got lots of pics I'll post so you folks can see what I mean.

There is no storage at all in the bathroom so Chris and I purchased some cabinets for the wall, under and over the sink. We received them late last week so we hope to get them up soon.

We don't have curtins and I'm not sure if we'll get any. The windows are sort of odd here. No screens (they have bugs here believe me) and they open into the house. If we are truly getting kicked out next July I would hate to purchase something that wouldn't work in another apt.

We don't have any rugs and need to get some before winter.

There are a ton of kitchen and bathroom gagets we need. Over time we'll accumulate. We have a few plates, bowls, utensils, etc.

Hot Chocolate
Logan got himself a "hot chocolate" maker (really an espresso machine) so we've been having lots of hot chocolate lately. I'm sure once the cold weather really sets in we'll be treating ourselves every morning and night. This of course is a luxury item but poor Logan was feeling left out of everything so we thought we'd make him happy :-) It worked.

Hair Dryer Excitement
I purchased a really cool hair dryer. I don't recall ever seeing these types in the US but I've had the same hair dryer (in the US) since I was like 12. I won it at a raffle. It works great so I've never had to replace. Anyway, this new dryer is cool. It looks like a curling iron with a brush on it. It really works great and my hair finally looks ok. I've decided to grow my hair back out as it was a big mistake to cut it back in May. I was looking for a new do and didn't get it. Boo hoo The least of my worries right??

No comments: