Friday, July 31, 2009

Part 6: A Love Story...A Beginning

The night was ending quickly. He wrote his number on a slip of paper taken from a First Ave event calendar sitting on the table in front of them. She did the same. Numbers exchanged, a date obtained, and now the painful ritual of saying goodbye yet again. The evening was a blur of happiness and little did they know 23 years later they'd be living in Berlin with two kids and a cat.

There will never be an ending to this story. It will go on and on long after Chris and I are floating in Heaven with God. Praise be his name.

As Chris and I reflect as we do every year on how we met (and our lives together up to this point) we consider ourselves so lucky to have found each other. I knew from our first date that I would love this man forever. It took awhile to get it all worked out in our hearts but on July 30, 1994 we said our vows and made our relationship a lasting bond that would live on for eternity. How cool is that?!

Thanks to all our friends and family for enduring my day long reminiscing here in my blog and on Facebook. It was a pleasure to write and I hope a pleasure to read.

Thanks for all the well wishes and the "side" story by my friend Paul Jones. Paul I can't wait to read the next installment.

Peace and Love to all!

No comments: