Tuesday, July 14, 2009

One Year!

As of July 4th we were officially here in Berlin for a year. It went very very fast.

Logan finished 3rd grade after a challenging but successful year. He made lots of new friends and got hooked into Pokemon. He loves to trade his cards and play the game. Not to mention watch the animated series. Anyone out there want to trade with him? Let us know. Logan will go back to the JFK School for 4th grade on August 24th. We hope to take a little holiday before he goes back. Logan really wants to see some castles and ride on a ICE (fast) train. Not sure we can accommodate the train ride but there are lots of smaller castles not to far from Berlin. This might be more within our budget. We really wanted to go South and see the big castles but maybe another time.

Connor finished Montessori and music class for the year and made lots of new friends. He's mastering walking and running. He loves to chase Tom all over the house. He's crazy about balls and loves to throw and catch them. Connor says lots of words which include both English and German. His favorite word to date is NO. ha ha Connor will go to Kindergarten in the fall. We are very excited for him and he loves hanging out with kids around his own age or older. He'll probably go for 1/2 days every day. We've checked out a few places and all seem great. We have appointments mid-August to meet teachers and get tours.

Tom is doing better but at times misses his brother Ted who died a couple of months. His favorite thing besides eating fishy is to sit on my bedroom window sill and look outside at all the people, cars and birds that go by.

Chris continues to look for work. He has some new leads on jobs and is trying to take advantage of the contacts he's made here. Hopefully after summer break he'll get a break and get a job. He does have a film job this coming week as a boom on a short film. It doesn't pay much but could open some doors for him, and of course it looks good on a resume. Chris also has been doing a number of late night bike rides throughout the city. He really enjoys it.

I'm doing well. I was having some issues with my thyroid that I hope are resolved. I'm now back on my regular dosage of medication. It was tough being tired all the time.

I'll continue my German language studies this fall. I'm excited to get back to class. I haven't had much time to study but I do my best to speak German when I can.

My Mom sent me a book called The Shack and it was really great. She just sent me Run by Ann Patchett and am looking forward to reading this book too. I saw the latest Harry Potter movie (it was okay) and now am curious about how it all ends, so I may have to pick up the last Harry Potter book and read it.

No comments: