Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bad Blog Writer

Yes it's true. I'm a bad blog writer.

*sigh*

I just got finished reading "Eat Pray Love" and felt motivated to write on my blog. Gosh I wish I could take the time I need to write the way Liz Gilbert writes. I think I could do it but I just don't.

Insert more *sighs* here!

I did do something very proactive today. That is with regards to my German language skills. I signed up on the FB German/English language tandem page as well as Scrabbin which is a tandem language site. I figured the best way for me to learn besides going to a class (which can cost lots and lots of money and time -- neither of which I have in abundance) is to try to meet up with someone to just speak the language.

I know it's going to be hard at first but I think if I really want to speak German before we leave Berlin I need to do this.

Again this proactivity is partly due to that book again "Eat Pray Love". Liz did this when she went to Italy and it seems like a good way to learn. I'll give it a try.

Now I haven't exactly contacted anyone yet myself but I'm trying to work up the courage to do it in my mind. Maybe next week?? ha ha

I suppose folks are wondering how the kiddos are doing?

Logan is great. He just went back to school after a two week fall break. He read 2 books during his break for his Mother Tongue class (English); "Guardians of Ga'hoole" and "The Diary of a Wimpy Kid". He has to read 9 books before January 7th. Yikes!

Anyway, we went to coffee shops in the mornings after dropping Connor off at nursery school (kita). It was fun hanging out with Logan and just reading and having a coffee (Logan drinks hot chocolate -- heisse Schokolade -- see I'm writing in German).

Now that he's back at school I miss my little guy (not so little I suppose at 10). My mornings now are spent working. That is looking for work (updating the resume/cover letter) and putting the finishing touches on a website project.

Connor is also great. He's just having fun being a 3 year old. Playing and learning! He needs a haircut however.

My furry kitty kid is well too. Tom's been keeping me up at night though, and I don't have the heart to kick him out of my bed. The apartment building we live in has a small backyard so I take him out there to explore. We have mice so he enjoys hunting for them and a neighbor cat he tries to avoid. I tend not to go out with him if the neighbor's cat is out. They don't like each other (go figure) and the neighbor's cat has already beat up Tom once. Now if Ted were still alive the neighbors cat would be TOAST!

So what else is going on?

Well let me see.

I had coffee this morning and started to re-read "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" again. The movie will come out here on November 18th. Logan, my friend Jia and I will go see it. Can't wait.

Chris and I are going to parent night at Connor's kita this Friday. That's if we can get a babysitter for the kids. Otherwise only one of us can go. I'll send Chris as he doesn't really get an opportunity to see the parents anymore.

This weekend we'll try to find Halloween festivities around Berlin that we can take the kids to since German's don't do treats or treats. We really miss this American tradition! There's something going on at the Botanischer Garten so we may check it out on Sunday http://www.bgbm.org/halloween/.

Chris' birthday is just right around the corner, November 12th. He'll be 48 this year. Whoa! Not sure what he wants to do but we'll do something fun. I'm going to have the kids make him some birthday cards and we'll make him some cookies. I now have a signature recipe for choco-chip cookies (can you believe it???). Chris can eat 12 at one time (I make 'em small folks). Oh crap! I just realized he'll read this post. Oops! Sorry honey. I'm going to have to think of something else for us to bake/make for you this year. Too bad!

Well I don't have anything else to report at the moment. I sure hope I spelled everything correctly. Blogger's spell check isn't that great.

Sorry no pictures this time around either. I have some new ones but as usual they are stuck on the camera.

Have a lovely day!

More soon.

No comments: