Monday, November 24, 2008

Four Weeks Left

Four weeks left and my German class will be over. Sad but happy as three nights a week and lots of homework is really kicking me in the %!@@(&$. ha ha

Hey don't get me wrong, I'm having a great time but I have a long commute and I have to do it three times a week. UG!!!! It's even farther away than Connor's Music Together class. With temps hitting the low 30s and the rail stations with no heat it's tough to get excited about going to class when you freeze your buns off just getting there. Again I say UG!!!

Okay enough gripping. German class is going great as well as me speaking the language. It's fun to be able to use more words and understand more in the "real" world.

Week in Review
Another week as come and gone. It seemed like a really long week to me. Not sure why but it was. It may have been due to Connor getting yet another cold. Babies shouldn't be allowed to get sick. He is slowly getting better. We had to miss his final Music Together class which was too bad. Neither one of us missed the commute but it would have been fun to go to our last class. Connor's teacher Antje is very nice and he really likes her and her guitar a lot. :-) We also missed our Friday music class at Lifelines but we can make it up no charge. Good news for us.

Logan will have yet another short week this coming week due to Thanksgiving. For those new to my blog Logan's school JFK is a German/American school and they celebrate both German and American holidays. Logan gets a lot of time off. Unfortunately that means he goes to school until July. Last week he had Thursday and Friday off due to teacher workshops. This week it's Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving here in Germany will be uneventful. We plan to buy a couple of already cooked chickens the day before and eat that along with potatoes, veggies, bread, etc. on Thursday. Chris will take the day off from job hunting.

Chris continues to look for work. Nothing yet. He had a couple of interviews with consulting firms and they are looking for work for him. He got a call this past week from a head hunter offering him an opportunity in Switzerland. Yeah we aren't moving sorry guy.

Tom and Ted are getting along okay. Ted is losing more weight but tonight he actually ate something so I'm very happy. We'll take him in to the docs again this week and get some blood work done and find out what he needs. He's on meds but they make him sick. Poor kitty. Send prayers our way for the little guy or your positive energy!!! Thanks.

More prayers or positive energy is needed for my Mother and Alfred Zimmerman. Alfred was recently diagnosed with Leukemia. He was in the hospital several weeks ago and then in an assisted living residence getting stronger after a terrible bout with pneumonia. Alfred is thankfully back home with my Mom and she reports that he is doing better. Mom and Alfred your family and friends are thinking of you and sending their best wishes, prayers and good vibes your way. WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

On that note I'll sign off. It's late here (1 a.m.) and I should be getting to bed. I have to wake up in oh 5 hours. BLAH!!!!

No comments: