Monday, August 24, 2009

Body Worlds

Last Friday Logan and I went to see the "Body Worlds" exhibit.

All I have to say is WOW!

If you haven't seen it it's pretty amazing.

Check out http://www.bodyworlds.com/.

The big "to-do" at this show is the plasticized couple posed in the "sex" position. It was at the end of the exhibit and to be honest was no big deal. In fact, I had forgotten all about it until I was in the "special" room where it was being exhibited.

Logan was a little freaked out by it all (except the animals) so he didn't look around too much and just focused on the animals being displayed. He would then sit down at the end of each section/room.

The exhibit was about the human life cycle from birth to death. Each life cycle had it's own section and in each section there were topics on the various parts of the body like the heart, lungs, kidneys, nervous system, etc.

What I thought was cool was the transparent slices of a giraffe. It was life size. Logan thought it was neat too.

The other thing that was cool was the 4 reindeer and Santa plastinates. Just amazing. Logan thought this was creepy. He just gave a quick look and moved on to the next section.

I would have stayed longer but Logan was ready to leave.

I'm glad I got to see the exhibit and would highly recommend it to those of you who haven't been yet.

If you've seen this show already let me know what you thought.

No comments: