Sunday, December 28, 2008

Australia the movie - Review

After a nice meal, Beth and I decided to leave the kids in the very capable hands of our husband's and go to the film Australia. I had read on the Internet that the love scenes between Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman were hot hot hot and that the movie was pretty good for a chick flick. So we went and I was disappointed.

There was hardly any hot hot hot lovin' going on between Nicole (Sara) and Hugh's (the Drover) characters and if you exam (and not too deeply mind you) the story it's more about the aboriginal boy and less about the couple.

I went back to look at the trailer and it's clearly geared toward this epic love story between Sara and the Drover. Like an "Out of Africa" sort of film but I think we got "Gone with the Wind". Hey don't get me wrong, I love "Gone with the Wind". It's one of my favorite movies. It's just dated and kinda cheesy now.

So Australia is loaded with cheese and the number of "beauty shots" is out loud laughable. You have to see it to believe it. The film is predictable and by the end you pretty much know what's going to happen.

I really wanted to like this movie and I do sort of, but I wouldn't pay to see it in the theaters. If you like cheese and okay click flicks, my recommendation would be to wait to watch it on DVD when it's available to rent.

Here is the URL of the movie's web site if you want to check it out for yourselves http://www.australiamovie.com/.

We did see a trailer for "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" with Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett and it looks really good. Not sure when it comes out here but I'll go see this one in the theaters for sure.

No comments: