Monday, October 20, 2008

We have a WINNER

In our search for a Catholic Church Logan and I met a very nice priest named Father Markos. He gave me the name of another priest Father Gillisson at St. Bernhard's in Dahlam. I called Father Gillisson and he told me to come to the 11 a.m. Mass on Sunday. So Logan and I went yesterday to St. Bernhard's. It was a lovely train ride to Dahlem and a short walk to the church from the train station. The church is very nice inside and it was great to finally hear Mass in English. Logan and I have been going to various churches around Berlin. Mostly to St. Hedwig's in Mitte. They at least had the Readings in English even though the spoken word was German.

Logan and I also were able to go to Confession after Mass which was a real treat for both of us. We haven't gone to Confession since we left the US in July. Logan said as we left the church that we were back on God's path.

After Confession we met with Father Gillisson. I wanted to know about homeschooling Logan religious ed. Logan gets religious ed 1 hour a week at JFK but I miss our time together. I homeschooled Logan in 1st and 2nd grade. It was a lot of fun for both of us and we both learned so much. Father invited us to come back next weekend (he wants to meet the entire family) and he would introduce us to other families in the Parish. Some of these other families have similar interest so I get the feeling they don't have a program yet but would like to do it. This could be fun organizing if enough families are interested. If it doesn't work out with St. Bernhard's Logan and I will still do it on our own. I can order the books from findingGod.org. It just would have been nice to interact with other kids and families. Logan likes the group activities and of course snack time.

Next weekend we'll bring the camera and take some pics of the area and the church. The train station has some weird looking benches that Logan and I thought were really funny.

No comments: